Do you want to know how to read a line of sports betting?
Many people simply bet on sports and will not know how to read the lines. If you are serious about betting, however, you need to understand the meaning of each line. Before placing any bets on your favorite team, it is important to take the time to analyze them. You should remember that all sportsbooks use different lines so you need to search around to find the best one before placing any bets.
How do you read sports betting lines? This …
1. This is what you’ll see when you look at sports books: sbobetonline indonesia
NYJ 11.2 -120
ALT+11.2 -120 +310
2. First, determine which team is the favorite or underdog. The favorite will have a “minus” sign next to the first number. The underdog will have a “plus” symbol. In the example above, the NYJ is the favorite while the ALT is underdog.
3. Next, determine the spread. Spread is the sum of both teams’ first numbers. As you can see, the spread is 11.2. Spread betting is one of the most popular types of betting. Spread betting, which means you are placing a bet on the favorite, does not mean that they have to win the game but must also win by at least the same amount as the spread. However, the underdog team can win even if it is not the favorite.
As an example, if NYJ wins by 6 and you place a bet on NYJ on spread, your bet will be lost. If you were to bet on ALT, and they lose by 6, you would still win. The spread number follows the number. It indicates how much a betor must wager to win $100.
4. You will now need to calculate the money line. It is the last number on each of the top rows. NYJ is -250, ALT is +310 in the above example. You are betting on the winning team when you place the money line. This means that the bet must win in order for you to win. The plus sign means you can win as much money betting $100 and the minus sign means you have to wager $100 to win $100. For $100 profit if NYJ wins, you will need to place $250 on NYJ. If ALT wins, you can place $100 on ALT to make $310.
5. The over-under is the number that appears in the row at the end. This is the way you bet on the outcome of the game. It is a bet on whether the combined score of both teams at game’s end will be greater or less than this number. The over-under in the above example is 55.5. If you wager over, the game will end at 30-18. The bottom number is the amount you must bet to win $100 on the Over-under.